Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Birthday


It's my birthday!

I woke up at 3am and didn't want to go back to sleep. Sleeping on a sofa is nice, if it's comfy. The sofa I'm on is about a 6 on a scale of 1-10, 10 being extremely comfy.

I took a shower and made my walk to the coffee shop. I got here around 5am and it turns out they don't open until 7am, so I would try to get online. The internet signal is intermittent so it gets a little frustrating. It's a bit chilly but I like it.

I'll just catch up on emails and stuff until they open. I am going back the Yoga Festival at LMU later, before anatomy class. I'm enjoying the anatomy teacher. He's got all kinds of post graduate degrees and he's a yoga teacher as well. As we went through parts of the body, his language reminded me of George Purvis, the most senior Iyengar teacher I know. Apparently they are friends :)

Yesterday, as I was helping set up for the Festival, I saw Jack and Sarah (names have been changed to protect their identities). Sarah is my first yoga teacher back in Dallas, and Jack is her boyfriend. We had a falling out and I still hold some resentment... she and her group of yogis banned me from teaching and practicing at their studio. She couldn't even do it to my face, so she had her boyfriend do it. I am not sure, but I think maybe he has a big influence on her and he may feel threatened. Maybe they both feel threatened. Anywho, I made eye contact with Jack and gave him a nod, but he kept walking with Sarah. They didn't even bother to come say hi. My heart raced and I was not sure if it was a feeling of anxiety or anger. I just focused on calming my breath and repeated my mantra in my head. It helped. I moved on.

At the Festival, I have been meeting all kinds of amazing people that I have been corresponding with online like, Sierra (Manduka), Arthur (Y Yoga).. and I met this amazing yogi named Arun in the anatomy class. He had a speaking slot at the Festival too. I attended his speech on Hanuman. What amazing stories this man tells!

I might be teaching a 2 hour workshop at YogaLoft in Manhattan beach soon.. my vision is to make it a donations class for the owner's charity of choice. We'll see what happens this week.

Robert Sturman and I will be shooting on the 28th. He's having a party October 11 for the upcoming book. I think there will be over 100 amazing yogis in it.

Well, I feel better now, having typed out my feelings..

Thanks for checking in.. go make it an amazing day.. I know I will!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

September 21, 2008 at 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home