Thursday, September 25, 2008

Teaching a Yoga workshop in Manhattan Beach



The image is of University Hall at LMU, where I am studying Yoga with Srivatsa Ramaswami. It reminds me of the Galleria Mall in Dallas. There's even a helipad (for helicopters) on campus!

It's so beautiful in LA. There is so much life all around. The landscape is amazingly alive! I am told that LA is naturally a desert, but there's more vegetation, bugs and animals than in Dallas. The weather is supposedly like this just about EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR! When I get up, it's in the 60s, and in the hottest part of the day, it's in the 70s. Most of the vegetation is apparently transplanted and this part of town (playa vista/playa del rey/marina del rey) uses RECYCLED water to irrigate. There are signs that say DO NOT DRINK. When will Dallas catch up?

I was talking with a classmate from Canada. They have a public compost pick up service. They pick up compose every week, while trash and recycling is picked up every other week. It's said that 24% or more of our waste is compostable. The world is going through an awakening at all levels. We need to begin to take better care of our environment and one another because ultimately, it affects the individual. We are one.. or we are none.

Anywho, Genevieve (the founder of Yoga Loft in Manhattan Beach) gave me a date for the workshop/class that I will be leading. I'm so thankful for this opportunity, because I'm starting to feel like I'm losing my teacher's voice. Sri Dharma Mittra says that we should practice non-attachment, even with our yoga practice. For me, it's the teaching practice. There are those that would go crazy if they couldn't practice (or teach). I'm not feeling that yet, but I do miss the energy of leading a group of amazing yogis :)

I'm not sure what we will do in the workshop yet, but with the energy at that particular space, I think it might be an arm balance and inversions workshop. We'll see. The date is set tentatively for Saturday, October 18 from 6:00pm - 8:00pm. It's probably going to be for donations and we will donate to the charity of Genevieve's choice.

More to come.. my battery is running low.

Love and Light, Peace and Blessings

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dallas will catch up with the water thing when the Preston Hollow set (ugh) suddenly notice their lawns going dry and realize that nobody else is going to give them any water.

There was an interesting program, BTW, on Texas springs drying up.

February 13, 2009 at 11:39 AM  
Blogger Ricky Tran said...

preston hollow.. lots of trees.. lots of money.

February 13, 2009 at 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home